Jason Coffey – Performance GDA
- My Role as Performance GDA is to oversee all Athletic Development structures within out talent academy (u14-17), Minor & U20’s and Post Primary schools while providing best practice education to the club in Laois GAA. I am responsible for the provision of education and training support to talent academy coaches and players with particular emphasis on GAA specific strength & conditioning/Sport Science.
- Within my role as Head of Youth Athletic Development, some of the key tasks are:
- To provide advice and monitor player’s diet and nutrition programmes;
- Oversee the delivery and roll out of a Strength & Conditioning Programme to post-primary schools, clubs and County coaches in the county to ensure there is a coherent approach towards the area of physical fitness in the county for youth players;
- Build and maintain excellent working relationship with 3rd Level college(s) and to identify potential students to support high performance programme;
- Provision of GAA specific training and technical support to County Talent Academy Coaches and players, to include the components of physical fitness, diet and nutrition