Results of Laois Scór na bPáistí 2023
Laois G.A.A held a very successful Scór na bPaistí final in St Fintan’s Hall, Mountrath last Saturday afternoon 13th May. There was good attendance on the day with a great variety from all the different clubs. It was also nice to see a few new clubs taking part whilst also welcoming back our seasoned acts at this stage.
MC for the night was of course Mr. Scór himself, the evergreen Michael Martin who ensured a speedy transition through each category whilst also keeping the audience informed & entertained simultaneously. Adjudicator for the evening was Doireann O Connor, who really had her work cut out trying to place each category.
A special word of thanks to all the Scor committee for their help & work on the night and a massive thanks to St. Fintans, Mountrath GAA for looking after the refreshments at the interval. After much deliberating, the following were deemed victorious on the evening,
• Ceol Uirlise (Instrumental Music): 1st Kyle , 2nd Sliabh Bloom, 3rd Castletown
• Aithriseoirecht/Scealaíocht (Recitation/Storytelling): 1st Jack Higgins (Camross) 2nd Aoibhinn O Connor (Castletown) 3rd Clodagh Hughes (Kilcavan)
• Bailéad Ghrúpa (Ballad Group): 1st Castletown , 2nd Kyle
• Leiriú (Novelty Act): 1st Castletown – Kittys first trip to Croke Park
• Rince Seit (Set Dancing): 1st Camross
• Tráth na Ceist: 1st Park/Rathensika, 2nd Castletown White
Our new Scór chairpeson Mr Noel Stapleton was on hand to present the trophies/medals on the night. Well done to Tommy Ferns for keeping the sound going through the evening.
Also, thanks to Tina and her little helpers at the start for ensuring the seats were in order! The committee of Laois Scór would like to sincerely thank all the clubs who took part on the night and would encourage them to actively promote Scór as much as possible. Also thanks go to Laois G.A.A for providing the refreshments for the paistí.
Lastly, a sincere word of gratitude to Monica & Co from Mountrath for looking after us on the night & for ensuring that everything ran smoothly & efficiently. Go raibh mile maith agaibh!
By Laois PRO Thu 18th May